Kelowna First Aid Instructor Course
This course provides candidates with the knowledge and skills necessary to teach Canadian Red Cross first aid and CPR courses. The candidates are expected to have finely tuned first aid and CPR technical skills. Therefore, this course focuses on how to teach and facilitate first aid and CPR skills.
Includes teaching, facilitation, learning and assessment theory, individual and group assignments, practice teaching exercises, principles of injury prevention, inclusion and progressive learning. Red Cross Fundamental Principles and first aid and CPR training philosophies are also reinforced throughout the course.
32 hours (not including pre-course testing of knowledge and skills)
- Hold a current Canadian Red Cross Standard First Aid & CPR certificate or equivalent certificate with proof of CPR-HCP level
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Successfully completed a pre-course knowledge and skills test
Successful candidates are certified as Canadian Red Cross First Aid Instructors for 3 years and receive a wallet card upon successful completion of all course requirements including a written examination with a minimum mark of 80%.
Training Support Materials:
- Canadian Red Cross First Aid & CPR Instructor Manual with CD and Binder NEW
- Canadian Red Cross First Aid & CPR Instructor DVD NEW
- Canadian Red Cross First Aid & CPR Manual NEW
- Canadian Red Cross CPR/AED Manual NEW
- Pocket mask and latex-free gloves
The recertification clinic for First Aid Instructors is 8 hours.